Two recent surveys of prospective students have arrived at very similar observations as to the impact of the pandemic on planning for study abroad. The first comes from...
In a normal year, Canada’s English and French language programmes attract 150,000 foreign students, generate billions of dollars of exports,...
After a period of extended lobbying by English UK and other stakeholder organizations, the UK Home Office has increased visa...
The Irish government announced an initial “Green List” of 15 countries last week. Travellers to Ireland from a Green List...
Most Popularmore articles
- New study anticipates shifts in enrolment and market share into 2021
- UK continues to reopen visa processing and ease travel restrictions
- Australia resumes student visa processing with new measures to strengthen international education sector
- Canada announces conditional student visa approvals for students beginning studies online
- Survey: EU students much less likely to study in UK without home fee status
- US issues “horrifying” rule change that requires foreign students to leave the country if their study programme transitions to online-only
- UK academic year comes into focus with new visa guidance and updates on university services
- Europe is reopening its borders and students may soon be allowed to return
- Australia announces July pilot to welcome back international students
- Higher education students press for refunds and discounts during COVID-19
Facts & Figures
Worldwide MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) enrolment reached 110 million people in 2019. Read more
Education agents refer 75% of Australia’s international students. Read more
45% of Indonesian high school students said they could go abroad for study only if a scholarship were available. Read more
20.5% increase in the number of Brazilian students abroad in 2018 compared with 2017. Read more
12.7% Increase in the number of German students who went abroad for language study in 2018 compared with 2017. Read more