YouTube. Flickr. Facebook. Apps. Mobile. e-brochures. Do you ever feel like educational marketing is going off in so many different directions these days that it is impossible to keep up?
Well this blog post from bestcollegesonline.com will tie it all together for you with their summary of “20 Cool Trends in College Marketing”. The post features some good real-world examples and useful stats for a range of marketing tactics and strategies, including the following.
- The now-famous YouTube clip of a day in the life of Macalester College President Brian Rosenberg.
- The use of QR codes in Highbury College Portsmouth’s outdoor advertising and postering campaigns.
- The extensive archive of crowdsourced photos in the University of New Mexico’s dedicated Flickr group.
- Prominent geo-location pointers at the University of Kentucky that tie back to Facebook’s Places product.
- Interesting statistical models for predicting student retention rates.
Stop by the original post on bestcollegesonline.com for more examples and background on each.